Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tasting Elisir

I was invited by Chef Enzo Fargione to the soft opening of his new restaurant Elisir last night to sit for the 7 course tasting menu.  I am not a word person, so explaining the depth of flavors and textures he masterfully used are beyond my vocabulary.  I will simply say "Bravo, Enzo, BRAVO!!  I look forward to the up coming photo shoots and I am honored that you use my services to capture your art.

A sample of what I had going clockwise starting at the top left image:

Roasted Filet of Lamb - wrapped in pancetta and served upright, sambuca braised fennel, roasted artichoke and potato ragu

Olive Oil and Salt Tasting

Roasted Baby Beets - mache, goat cheese gelato, dehydrated morel/coffee/almond texture, lacquered leek coins

Red Beet Funduta Tortelli - green asparagus broth, parmesan crisps, quail egg, black truffle air

Warm Porcini Dusted Venison Carpaccio - sherry vinegar, wild blueberries, warm Milanse style chanterelle mushrooms, black truffles, reggiano shavings, chocolate, rubyqueen micro greens.


Elisir is opens today!!  Good luck my friend!!


No comments: