Friday, February 29, 2008

Too Many, Too Early


Get over to Jason D. Moore Photography today for geographic composition that was posted today. The theme for the images was "Part of the whole". I shot this image last weekend for the theme. I am always in awe when I visit my dad at Arlington National Cemetery at the loss that is recorded here. I was in the Army back in the late 80's stationed at the Pentagon for 3 years and we use to do our PT runs in the cemetery. I never thought then that 2o years later I would be so profoundly sad at coming back to this place. Every one of those stones represent a part of a whole that is lost forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike,

There were some great interpretations for "Part Of The Whole", but this image is my favourite. It really captures the heart of the theme. It's also an excellent image, the overall look and feel conveys the message.

Mike

Anonymous said...

This is a fantastic photo... Nice work!