Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Teichberg Girls

This is the last of my holiday portraits that I did this year. It was a pretty successful considering it was all word of mouth with the local families in Potomac, MD.

Now to get finished on the Track Chicks project and set some goals for the coming year. Anyone that reads this ever use Craigslist as a marketing vehicle? I placed my first little ad yesterday. I know I need better copy, it was a bit of a test. From what I see, there are a ton of photographers out there willing to do a lot for a little. Your thoughts on local marketing ideas?

A HUGE Thanks for Jason of Canon Blogger for including me in his Best 8 of 2008 - I am honored to be in such company as Scott Kelby, Jeff Revell, Jason Moore, Strobist etc....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! No doubt another happy customer there. This is beautiful.

Scott said...

Nice shot!

And congrats in being named "The most important and influential American Photographer in 2008"

You deserve it!

Scott

Anonymous said...

Those girls are adorable and you posed them quite nicely. As for the mention, the thanks are from me! :)

Anonymous said...

great job on this! I really am in love that background!!!

Anonymous said...

Julie Lawson posted an ad in Indy and I don't think it netted her any customers but you can check w/ her...I'm almost positive it was a no but it's free so I think it's worth the time.

Great portrait of two beauties! Like everyone tells u - great backdrop!

Kevin Mullins Photography said...

Yep - the backdrop here is great (as is the composition). Re the ad in Craigslist, it's not so big over here, but we have equivalents and other photogs that I've spoke to say they don't have too much sucess with them. You are right, a lot of people doing a lot for little....Obviously David Hobby over at Strobist has covered this kind of pricing pro/cons recently. I think, when it comes to pricing, quality always speaks - I read an interview (I think on Crash Taylors blog), about a wedding photg who wanted to decrease his workload and so increased his prices. Perception is a wierd thing, and actually, his workload increased!!!

Kevin